The William T. Grant Foundation ("WTGF") is a not-for-profit organization that funds high-quality, evidence-based research regarding children and adolescents. WTGF maintains this website with its home page in the domains "wtgrantfoundation.org", "williamtgrant.org", and "wtgrantfdn.org" (the "Website"). WTGF offers access at no charge to any person who uses or accesses this website with the express condition that they agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set forth in this Terms and Conditions of Use Notice ("Notice"). By using or accessing this website, you agree to be bound by this Notice.
TRADEMARKS. William T. Grant Foundation, tagline, and other marks, logos, and products and services described in this Website are either trademarks or registered trademarks of WTGF, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of WTGF. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of WTGF, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of WTGF. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos not owned by WTGF that appear in this Website are the property of their respective owners.
COPYRIGHTS. All copyrights in the Website materials, including, without limitation, the WTGF logo, design, text, graphics, articles, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof are the property of the William T. Grant Foundation or its third-party suppliers. You may electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this Website for the sole purpose of using materials it contains for informational and non-commercial use only. Any other use of the materials in this Website, including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, republication, display, or performance, without the prior written permission of WTGF, is strictly prohibited.
FORUMS AND INTERACTIVE AREAS. This Website may include discussion forums or other interactive areas, including bulletin boards and exchange areas. All such forums and interactive areas shall be used only for non-commercial purposes. By using any forum or interactive area, you agree not to do any of the following:
1. Upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through this Website any message, information, data, text, music, sound photographs or other material ("Content") that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
2. Upload or transmit any Content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
3. Upload or transmit any Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party; by posting any Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such Content;
4. Upload or transmit any material that contains software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
5. Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
6. Without WTGF's written permission, distribute or publish unsolicited promotions, advertising or solicitations for funds, goods or services, including junk mail and spam.
WTGF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or edit any Content that violates these provisions or is otherwise objectionable. You shall remain solely liable for the Content of any messages or other information you upload or transmit to the discussion forums or interactive areas of this Website.
WTGF takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted or uploaded by you or any third-party. WTGF takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity that you may encounter on this Website.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY. If you believe that your work has been copied on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you should notify WTGF of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedures:
WTGF will process notices of alleged infringement that it receives and will take appropriate action as required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringements be sent to the WTGF's Designated Agent:
Vice President, Finance and Administration
William T. Grant Foundation
570 Lexington Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, New York 10022-6837
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; 4. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf; and
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
HYPERLINKS. This Website may contain hyperlinks to external websites operated by parties other than WTGF. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only. WTGF does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. WTGF's inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WTGF and its members, trustees, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, consultants, independent contractors and advisors, from any claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including attorneys' fees) made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
DISCLAIMER. This website and the materials in this website are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. WTGF disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but no limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. WTGF does not represent or warrant that materials on this website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. WTGF does not represent or warrant that this website or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In no event shall WTGF be liable for any direct, special, indirect, or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or the materials contained on, or accessed through, this website.
GENERAL. You acknowledge that the Website is based in the U.S.A., and that all legal actions between you and WTGF that are related to this Notice: (a) shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof, and (b) shall be instituted in a state or federal court in New York, New York.
If any provision of this Notice is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.